Updated for Patch 3.1
You get glyph slots based off of your level. Blizzard explains this on their website. No mystery here. I added in the picture so you wouldn’t have to go their website. Currently at level 73 I have 2 major glyph slots and 3 minor glyph slots.
Where do you get them?
You can buy glyphs from the Auction House or have your guild’s Scribe make one.
How do I inscribe them on my sheet?
You no longer need to be near a Lexicon of Power to inscribe a glyph on your glyph sheet. It works like any type of usable item. Just open your glyph sheet, right click your glyph and inscribe.
How do I choose which glyph to get?
Choose glyphs based off of your play style. If you play different than me you’ll want different glyphs. For example, if you use Serpent Sting often. You might want the Glyph of Serpent Sting.
Why do you want glyphs?
They give you bonuses you otherwise wouldn’t have. E’nuff said.
Don’t play like me.
I first started playing World of Warcraft as a Hunter who would use every single spell I could on a single target until my mana ran out. Reading forums and a noting my lack of success, I reconsidered only using specific spells. My shot rotation started to look like this:
- Made sure Aspect of the Hawk is turned on.
- Hunter’s Mark
- Attack with Cat
- Arcane Shot
- Then I blasted away with Auto Shot until the cool down timer for Arcane Shot restarted.
- Fired another Arcane Shot.
- By then my cat and I killed our target.
Now with TenaciGorilladin pets in the picture our method of destruction looks like this:
- Make sure Aspect of the Hawk is turned on.
- Hunter’s Mark stronger mob. Some say it’s useless but it helps kill one mob faster than the rest. Which results in less damage my Gorilladin takes and then I Mend Pet less often.
- Gorilladin attacks first mob.
- Gorilladin attacks second mob and will automatically do a Thunderstomp.
- Gorilladin attacks third mob. Might do a Thunderstomp if it is ready.
- Gorilladin attacks forth mob and will automatically do a Thunderstomp.. The more you can handle the better. You won’t know until you try.
- Watch Gorilladin’s health and Mend Pet if I need to.
- Bestial Wrath.
- Volley until they are all dead or I run out of mana.
- If I run out of mana I auto shot if there is only one mob left.
- If there is more than 1 mob left I turn on Aspect of the Viper and replenish my mana. When I have enough mana I start to Volley again.
- Rinse and repeat until all mobs are dead.
- MOO HA HA HA! Let the King Kong leveling begin.
I’m getting carried away with this post.
The Hunter Glyphs I recommend are as follows:
Major Glyph 1: Glyph of Volley**
You will use less mana casting Volley which means more damage dealt before turning on Aspect of the Viper. Some might consider this a waste because it only applies to one spell. Instead you could use the Glyph of Viper Sting combined with the Glyph of Rapid Fire to replenish mana faster. Keep in mind that this is THE ONLY SPELL you will be using to level with. E’nuff said.
Major Glyph 2: Glyph of Bestial Wrath**
20 second less cool down. You can turn on Bestial Wrath more often making your pet do more damage. Combined with Beast Within you will truly kill.
Major Glyph 3: Glyph of Hunter’s Mark
More damage. The only problem with Gorilladin is you will be attacking more than 1 mob at a time. Once the first mob burns down, you would have to Hunter’s Mark another mob but by then we would of killed all or most of them. The benefit, one mob dies faster than the rest and your Gorilladin receives less damage.
Major Glyph 4: Glyph of Rapid Fire
Use it to burn down single mobs faster, for example boss fights, or use it replenish mana faster with Aspect of the Viper.
Major Glyph 5: Glyph of Aspect of the Viper
Not replenishing mana fast enough? Then use this glyph for the added mana regen bonus. Combine this with Glyph of Rapid Fire and you’ll never need to carry potions or drinks ever again.
Major Glyph 6: Glyph of the Monkey*
3.1 gives us this awesome glyph. Beast Mastery hunters will be able to hide behind their pet more effectively. Stack this glyph with Hunter talents like Spirit Bond and pet talents like Blood of the Rhino, use a bandage in between Mend Pet heals, and our tenacidin pet will be invincible.
Minor Glyph 1: Glyph of Feign Death**
Reduces cool down by 5 seconds. We can get mobs off of us more often.
Minor Glyph 2: Glyph of Mend Pet**
We can increase our pets happiness without feeding it as much. More bag space for vendor junk? No. More space for greens and blues to sell on the AH. Anything valuable would be awesome. Like Giant Eggs.
*Glyphs I am getting for myself as soon as I find them on the AH.
**Glyphs I have.
‘Til next time…