- The dwarven racial trait Stoneform now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf’s size when used.
- Aimed Shot! weapon damage has been increased to 200%.
- Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Fox can now be cast while mounted.
- Cobra shot cast time is now affected by haste.
- Concussive Shot duration has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.
- Deterrence now provides 100% chance for melee attacks to miss instead of 100% parry chance. This means that attacks that cannot be parried, notably some rogue abilities, can now be prevented by Deterrence, and the hunter will gain the benefit of Deterrence even if disarmed.
- Dust Cloud’s cooldown and duration have been modified to make it closer aligned with Tailspin (same effect, different pet).
- Freezing Trap now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Kill Command’s damage has been increased by 20%.
- Kill Shot’s attack power scaling has been increased by 50%.
- Master’s Call now has a 35-second cooldown, down from 1 minute, and its range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 25. In addition, the visual effect is more obvious.
- Steady Shot cast time is now affected by haste.
- Wing Clip now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Talent Specializations
- Chimera Shot’s attack power scaling has been increased by 20%.
- Wild Quiver (Mastery): Chance for this to trigger per mastery has been increased by approximately 17%.
- Black Arrow damage has been reduced by 25%.
- Explosive Shot damage has been reduced by 25%.
- Hunter vs. Wild has been increased to 5/10/15% Stamina, up from 4/8/12%.
- Into the Wilderness (passive) has been reduced to a 10% Agility increase, down from 15%.
- Serpent Spread can now only affect up to 4 targets per Multi-Shot, down from unlimited.
- Pets now have 70% of the master’s armor, rather than a different value based on which type of pet they are.
- Shale Spiders now correctly have a special ability (Web Wrap).
- Bad Manner (monkey) now properly breaks from damage.
- Glyph of Concussive Shot redesigned. It now limits the maximum run speed of the target while Concussive Shot is active.
- Bug Fixes
What kind of Dwarf hunter would I be if I didn’t post the update to the racial? There are some buffs to engineering, too. It looks like Dwarf hunters will be able to absorb some damage. This will help us stay up a bit longer to put in that last Kill Shot or Kill Command before the boss goes down. It will also help lessen a heal on us and save some mana for the healers. I would use it when Kill Shot is up. Maybe even macro it into your Kill Shot. I think I posted that before. I would even use it with the Engineering belt enchant Grounded Plasma Shield that absorbs damage or even use it after the duration of Stoneform is up.
For the hunter changes I am excited. We are seeing a must needed buff to MM and BM hunters. I would also like to add that the Kill Command buff might not be enough. I was thinking they could reduced the cool down of Fervor to 1 minute. That is something exclusive to the BM tree that could help with PVE/Raiding. I am finding myself mostly using Cobra Shot, ignoring Arcane Shot, constantly waiting for Fervor to be off cool down, and always spamming Kill Command whenever it is ready. As a BM hunter it hits so hard. It is so much fun watching the boss/mobs health go down by a big chunk. My final tip is to use Kill Shot. Nothing hurts our dps more by neglecting Kill Shot. Use a addon called TellMeWhen to help you watch for Kill Shot.
‘Til next time…