Today’s topid: Blizzard has released patch 4.0.6!
Why?: Because there are so many classes that got buffed up the kester when Cata came out.
Many people will not agree with what Blizzard did because it was there class that got nerfed. What they do not realize is that they are a minority! The entire WoW community has been screaming for these changes. Here are the finalized patch 4.0.6 notes.
- Aimed Shot weapon damage has been increased to 200%, up from 150%. In addition, the base cast time has been reduced to 2.4 seconds, down from 3.
- Arcane Shot damage has been increased by 15%.
- Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Fox can now be cast while mounted.
- Hunters can now use Auto Shot while moving.
- Casting Trap Launcher, Distracting Shot, and Scare Beast now cancel Auto Shot when cast. This is to make it easier to crowd control creatures with Auto Shot while moving enabled.
- Concussive Shot duration has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.
- Deterrence now provides 100% chance for melee attacks to miss instead of 100% parry chance. This means that attacks that cannot be parried, notably some rogue abilities, can now be prevented by Deterrence, and the hunter will gain the benefit of Deterrence even if disarmed.
- Dust Cloud’s cooldown and duration have been modified to make it closer aligned with Tailspin (same effect, different pet).
- Freezing Trap now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Kill Command’s damage has been increased by 20%.
- Kill Shot’s attack power scaling has been increased by 50%.
- Master’s Call now has a 35-second cooldown, down from 1 minute, and its range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 25. In addition, the visual effect is more obvious.
- Wing Clip now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Talent Specializations
- Beast Mastery
- Animal Handler now provides a passive 25% bonus to attack power, up from 15%.
- Chimera Shot’s overall damage has been increased by roughly 50%.
- Wild Quiver (Mastery): Chance for this to trigger per mastery has been increased by approximately 17%.
- Black Arrow damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Explosive Shot damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Hunter vs. Wild has been increased to 5/10/15% Stamina, up from 4/8/12%.
- Into the Wilderness (passive) has been reduced to a 10% Agility increase, down from 15%.
- Beast Mastery
- Pets now have 70% of the master’s armor, rather than a different value based on which type of pet they are.
- Shale Spiders now correctly have a special ability (Web Wrap).
- Bad Manner (monkey) now properly breaks from damage.
- Glyph of Concussive Shot redesigned. It now limits the maximum run speed of the target while Concussive Shot is active.
- Hunter Bug Fixes
- Aimed Shot no longer ignores the Fire! buff when cast by macro.
- Camouflage is now breaking when the hunter’s traps deal damage to a target.
- Chimera Shot’s particle effect animations should now display correctly.
- Cobra Shot now properly increases the duration of the Serpent Spread Serpent Sting.
- The Focus Fire spell effect is now cooler than your best collection of green rectangles.
- Wild Quiver’s effect per point of mastery value should now be consistent.
- Before shooting, male undead hunters will no longer look away from their targets.
- Pet Fixes
- Pet families added in Cataclysm should not be missing talents.
- Pets should fight all underwater creatures, even if the hunter is out of melee range.
- Ancient Hysteria should not able to affect low-level characters.
- Ancient Hysteria now correctly affects pets.
- Embrace of the Shale Spider now provides resistances so that those resistances are not lost if this buff overwrites Blessing of Forgotten Kings.
- Ferocity-category pets in the dog and fox families now have access to the pet talent Charge.
- Mobility can correctly be learned by land-based hunter pets.
- Ravage no longer counts toward stun diminishing returns.
- Undead hunters now start with Revive Pet on the action bar.
- The pet Spellbook entry for Serpent Swiftness now shows its rank.
- Shale Spiders are no longer missing a special ability.
- The Shell Shield (Terrorpene) visual has been enlarged and should now be seen when cast.
- The tooltip for the armor value in the Character pane should now be showing the correct amount of armor granted to pets.
SHOUT OUTS: This shout out goes to all other hunters! BM is back baby! Wooters!
Thank you very much and happy hunting.