The pics are up. The quote says it all about this set and its look.
“we limited the use of dragon heads to the helm and chained leathery wings around the shoulders which gives the impression of a skeletal dragon crouching over the Hunter’s upper body. “
Reminds me of the Wrath of the Lich King Collector’s Edition Frosty pet and it resting on your upper body. This is actually a set I’m looking forward to collecting. The look is amazing! I do like the tier sets that do make you look like you hunted for it. So how does the Murloc set fit in? Did we go to Elwynn Forest just to hunt Murlocs? I’m pretty sure someone made a comic about that.
The bonuses so far are:
- 2P — Steady Shot and Cobra Shot generate double the amount of focus.
- 4P — Your Arcane Shot ability has a chance to grant 30% haste to you and your pet for 15 sec.
This set bonus just screams BM to me. Since when after patch 4.1 did our pets get buffs? I do feel this is more of a way for Blizzard to test a increase in focus regeneration and haste on Hunters and their pets. Why does the set bonuses scream BM to me? First of all my strongest attack, *cough* Kill Command, as BM is highly dependent on having enough focus required to cast it. The set bonuses will also allow me to reforge away from haste and more in to Mastery or Crit.
In the BM tree there are several abilities, besides Kill Command, dependent on Crit:
- Killing Streak – 20% damage increase and 10 focus reduction to next Kill Command.
- Invigoration – Self focus regeneration based on Pet critical hits.
- Go for the Throat – Pet focus regeneration based on Your critical hits.
- Sic ‘Em! – After Arcane shot critically hits, next pet’s ability costs 0 focus.
- Kill Command – Especially useful for breaking Rageface’s rage.
- Pet Auto Attack – Constant damage increased by Mastery.
- Claw, Bite, and Smack – Constant damage increased by Mastery.
Basically you can build your hunter 3 ways(Crit, Mastery, or Haste) without the bonuses. If you manage to get your 4 set bonus for Tier 13, I would focus on reforging into Crit or Mastery. Dropping haste will be good but we still need people to test on the PTR. When the Theory crafters figure it out, I will post.
‘Til next time…